- Lightweight and durable Aluminum frame for true trail credibility
- 29” diameter wheels for easily navigating larger obstacles
- Hydraulic disc brakes for premier stopping power
- Fox Suspension fork for an extremely smooth ride
- 10 speeds to choose from for any terrain
The bike industry sees fads come and go. Innovation doesn’t always assure success or even relevance. Luckily, the 29er revolution is one that’s here to stay—and for good reason. The category’s popularity continues to surge ahead, so too has the reliability of our signature 29’er series of Overdrives. 2014 is set to be another dominant year for 29’ers with our Overdrives leading the way.
The Diamondback Overdrive Pro packs the ultimate punch in terms of value and affordability donning an elite component package spec’d on a frame built to withstand punishment from the trail making it the ideal 29’er for any level of rider. The improved 2014 6061-T6 Aluminum Overdrive series frame boasts of newly formed top and down tubes, a 1.5“ Tapered machined headtube, and forged drop outs with a replaceable derailleur hanger. You get the strength where it’s needed while saving weight so you can go a further and faster with less energy exerted to keep you on the trail longer.
The Geometry is spot on. The ever so sloping top tube provides ample standover clearance for a 29” wheeled rig. A 71° head tube angle and a 73° seat tube angle create the perfect XC/trail geometry. The 440mm (17.3 inch) chainstays equate to an extremely snappy rig and the ability to easily get the front wheel off the ground – something that not all 29ers can boast.
There’s no denying the rock crawling, root crushing power of a larger wheel. Making the largest of obstacles the smallest of matters is a defining trait of these muddy beasts. By offering decreased rolling resistance, increased traction when cornering and improved ground clearance, one ride upon these massive behemoths is sure to sway even the staunchest skeptic.
Benefits of a 29” wheel are pretty apparent:
- Angle of Attack – Larger wheels decrease your angle of attack by allowing you to roll over obstacles easier and faster. Bigger wheel = smaller obstacle.
- Momentum – A larger wheel enables one to carry momentum easier though obstacles.
- Surface Contact – 29”wheels are less prone to sinking in soft material such as sand and mud due to the larger contact patch causing lower ground pressure. The longer contact patch increases cornering and straight line traction
- Stability – The relative position of the bottom bracket/cranks to the axles in the wheels also means that your relative center of gravity is lower. This results in a feeling of riding “in” the bike rather than on top of it.
- Tire Clearance – with more tire choices than any platform, the 29”wheel easily accommodates off road as well as commuting tires.
- Taller Riders – 29" bikes tend to offer taller riders a more “natural” frame geometry.
The FOX 32 FLOAT CTD 29” with 32mm stanchions gives you 100mm of travel up front with an open cartridge with external rebound and lockout key providing you settings to optimize your ride in all conditions. The 15mm thru-axle increases the front end stiffness providing enhanced steering and traction versus the more standard 9mm quick release. Shimano Deore Hydraulic Disc brakes with XT 6-bolt 180mm front and 160mm rear rotors and you have one of the best in class values for any level of 29er, period.
A full on Shimano drivetrain which features the SLX Shfiters and front derailleur, XT rear derailleur, and HG62 10 speed cassette, will grant you smooth shifting performance that works in tandem with the Shimano Dyna-Sys 10spd crankset (24/32/42t) with outboard bearing. Add in Diamondback SL-7 M-Series double wall rims with WTB Wolverine Comp tires and you are set to conquer any and all obstacles.
The Diamondback Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise handlebars and custom DB AL6061 stem coupled with the DB Micro Adjust seatpost and Race saddle round out this incredible cockpit package.
The 2014 Overdrive Pro is an economical means to getting you onto a premier 29’er. Whether you’re just “testing the waters” for your first 29er, or whether you want to add a new steed to the stable, you are sure to be satisfied.
The Overdrive Pro is gloss white and is offered in SM (16"), MD (18"), LG (20"), and XL (22").